Monday, October 1, 2012

Caitlin O'Connor: Showcasing Beauty From the Inside Out

by Cyrus Webb

If there is someone who completely embodies the message and mission of Conversations Model Citizens Magazine it is Caitlin O'Connor. As an actress, model and television personality she has shown that she is not only a force to be reckoned with but someone that understands and appreciates the power of her gifts.


Already in her career Caitlin has starred as a series regular on the MTV show 'Chelsea Settles' as well as guest spots on HBO's 'Entourage'. Readers of worldwide publications like 'Sports Illustrated,' 'FHM', and 'Maxim' have gotten to know her, and this is only the beginning. No wonder in high school she was voted "Most Likely to Become Famous!"

When I got a chance to interview O'Connor it was an opportunity for me to share some of what readers might not know about her: the motivation, how she deals with success and more importantly how she is using her position to bring attention to causes that matter to her.

CAITLIN O'CONNOR ON THE SUCCESS:

At 17 Caitlin just wanted to be a model. That evolved into her wanting to be a tv host and then later an actress. Now she is seen as a triple threat with serious talent. How has it been to live this life? "It's been a whirlwind. I have always had a love of the camera. Because of that I knew that anything dealing with entertainment is something that I wanted to pursuit."

CAITLIN O'CONNOR ON BEING MORE THAN A PRETTY FACE:
She is so much more than her looks. "That was always something that I wanted my fans and friends to know. Girls are always perceived ---especially blonde girls---as stupid. I wanted to break that boundary and work past that."

CAITLIN O'CONNOR ON BEING AN INSPIRATION FOR OTHERS:
"That's something that I always wanted to happen, and it has all throughout my life. When I was a cheerleader I had girls come up to me and say 'I want to be a cheerleader just like you when I grow up.' Today aspiring models do the same. That's why I make sure I take out the time to offer them whatever advice I can to help them move forward."

CAITLIN O'CONNOR ON FAMILY,FRIENDS:
"It's been amazing to have a backbone like my parents and friends. It definitely helps to go further in my career and stay focused and grounded. There's nothing like that strength and support."

CAITLIN O'CONNOR ON HER LIFE'S MESSAGE:
"When people think of me I want them to think of someone who is classy, gives back and does something for humanity. I came from the smallest town...We're all hard workers. I took that notion of being a hard worker and applied it to everything I do. I believe in pursuing something until you can't pursue it anymore. I hope I inspire others to do the same."

Caitlin O'Connor and what she has achieved should remind us all of this simple truth: It's not about where you come from. It's what you apply yourself to be that matters. She is doing it not just for herself but for the causes she supports as well. One of those is Generosity Water. They are an organization that helps build clean water wells for villages around the world that are in need. Find out more about them at www.generositywater.org.

Stay in contact with Caitlin through Twitter at www.twitter.com/caitlin_oconnor, her Facebook Fan Page as well as her website www.caitlinoconnor.tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment