Tuesday, September 25, 2012

(Poem) "I Will Always Remember" by Lucian A. Sperta


I Will Always Remember
I will always remember grey granite cold stone, name engraved-touching coldness with my fingers as I rub through an eternity of memories.
I will always remember behind black thick shades, fearing who will appear at this dead zone. A woman is weeping speaking into the wind placing a cross on her ownership of death and bones.
I will always remember grey clouds, dead trees, green grass, and my breath in the wind. There was St. Anthony crooked in the ground not making any sound. I said my final good-bye, An American flag rattling in the wind; I stood there to silence all of the sin.
I will always remember the cars driving in with people carrying flowers wondering about my final hours. A thorn   forever by my side, I never really said a final good bye. The not wanting to leave- feet glued to the ground, I could not turn around. The promises of no return…walking backwards, the fear of letting you go-I had to though.
I will always remember telling you I’m not afraid- I’m not to blame, while a bird sings on this dreary day. Here I stand looking at your name that was engraved so long ago. I’ve been scared all alone. A weed popping above your mound a yellow flower blooming, and the memory of your words I’ve let go of yesterday of old.
I will always remember how it all came to an end.
Three gun shots and the pedophile was dead.
I was robbed from the chance to end this horror instead.
I was forced into this silence again.
The Catholic confession, the obsession, the drive to see you-finding you silent again, the silver picture frame with my words of confusion and despair could never repair the damage you left me with.
I will always remember to walk, to stay, afraid to go away.
How the fear of letting you go overwhelmed me so. I could not breathe, and I could not see, blinded by the years of my own misery and your pedophile dis-ease.
How your place seemed abandoned to me, I want to run to be in the warmth of the sun.
I will always remember what you’ve done. How I lived frozen as time moved on. A tear in my eye, the night before-I cried. I had to arrive with a final good-bye.
I salute you, I dishonor you. I will always remember with these farewells, the real you…I will no longer mourn you
You were a criminal running loose who held me by the neck with an emotional noose. Your murder released me.

No comments:

Post a Comment