Sunday, January 20, 2013

Recording Artist Estee: Reminding Us to Whom We Belong

by Cyrus Webb

When I compile my list of favorite female recording artists of 2012 there is one name you can definitely expect one name to be at the top of that list: Estee.

From the first time I interviewed her some two years ago I knew that she had a gift that was not only helping and inspiring others but truly blessed in a special way. Whether it's the singles "I Wouldn't", "I'm Still His" or the new track "Excuses", it seems that her music always comes at a time when it is most needed.

Estee has known all of her life that she had a gift, something that was special. It was further reinforced by her mother. She told me that its really been the past five years that she's used it for nothing but Gospel music.

When reflecting on how her voice is impacting the lives of others, Estee told me "I think it's an honor. I give God glory for it." The compliment, though, is not an ego boost for the singer/songwriter.She then added that the evidence of the music reaching people where they are is "proof that it's not me. I ask for God to remove me and have His way in what He wants me to say."

Part of what is able to keep Estee focused on her role in the spreading the Good News of God is the reminder of her own imperfections and flaws. She sings about this in the song "I'm Still His", and she expounded on it during our most recent interview. "I know that everyone has had their trials and tribulations. For me it is truly a blessing that I'm still here. I have a message to give that's God's message. He is using me to show that just my being here is a testimony."

The real beauty of what Estee shares is that it's not too late for her to turn things around. When we know we have fallen short and not done things the way we should, we have the opportunity to set things right. "We know who we serve," she said to me. "At the end of the day we get down on our knees and ask for forgiveness. We're His children no matter what. Don't give up. Start brand new. God gives you strength to move on."

To find out more about Estee and take advantage of the opportunity to be inspired by her music, visit www.omega7productions.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment