Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Celebrity Hair Stylist Dr. Boogie: Delivering the Prescription For Happiness

by Cyrus Webb

In just few short years Dr. Boogie has become one of the most recognizable and sought-after celebrity hair stylist in the business. I first heard of him and saw his skills when he appeared on Bravo's hit show SHEAR GENIUS, and I knew at that time he was going to be someone to watch.

I wasn't wrong.

Since then he has gone on to work with the likes of Kimora Lee Simmons, Lisa Raye, Fantasia, Debbie Allen, Raven Symone, Taraji P. Henson and a host of others. You've seen him on E! and the Style Network as well as BET's "Spring Bling Hair and Make Up Show,” and “ My Black Is Beautiful”. It is no wonder he was recognized by Time Magazine as one of their most Influential People in the World.

When I caught up with Dr. Boogie he was fresh off his new work on NBC's FASHION STAR, a show that was not only a hit but gave him another audience to wow and impress with his talent. One thing that comes across from him right away is that though he might be in Hollywood, he's definitely NOT Hollywood. Dr. Boogie sees the opportunities he has been given as ways of bringing out the best of others, sharing the happiness he feels by doing the work with his clients.

 "I must say it's a dream come true," he told me when I asked what it was like to showcase his skills. "It's a passion that I've always had. To live it and make it happen is kind of surreal but exciting."

For Dr. Boogie this is not just about something for him. He enjoys making others feel good, and he has felt that way since the very beginning. "I knew it was something that I wanted to when I was a young child." He told me that by helping beautify others he was able to "make them feel good when they might not be in a good situation." He then added: "I saw the power in it, and I took what I was doing and moved forward with it."

That moving forward has included him building the Dr. Boogie brand, including hair care products and allowing his love for what he does to motivate him. "I started studying the business of show business," he told me. "It is my passion and drive that has led me to here."

What is his own prescription for keeping things fresh and exciting? "I spend 2 or 3 hours everyday working on my brand," he told me. "You will be amazed how putting in that time will make your dreams come true."

There is also the importance of being true to who you are and what you do. " I keep true to my brand and what I stand for and that's when things come to you," Dr. Boogie explained. "I love to motivate others and show them that everything is possible. I like for people to think about beauty and feeling good about themselves. that is the prescription for happiness."

Find out everything about Dr. Boogie and his upcoming projects by visiting www.boogiesecrets.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment