Saturday, December 12, 2015

Actor/Producer/Director Darius Bailey: Enjoying Life By Living In the Moment

by Cyrus Webb

For over a decade actor/producer/director Darius Bailey has been working heard on his craft. He's a perfect example of someone having a goal, believing in their dream and going for it.

Though he has been my guest on Conversations LIVE the radio show before my first visit to Atlanta this year was also the first time we had met face-to-face. "It's been exciting but not without its struggles," he told me as we began our conversation on camera for Cyrus Webb Presents. Talking about his television series The Remix he says it was "two years of hard work" but he "learned a lot from it."

What has kept him motivated and optimistic about his path, in spite of the challenges? Darius says it goes beyond just himself. "My wife and child keep me grounded," he says. "I have the type of personality that I go for something 100%. With that comes burnout. You have to find balance, so I have put together some hobbies...just something that helps you take a break from what is going on. "

Darius says the family aspect of his life definitely reminds him of what is important. "That keeps me going." He says he also hopes to use what he has learned to impact the lives of others. "Anything that I do if I can't set an example for someone else what's the point? We are in front of the camera not just for personal glory but to impart your gifts to other people. I think it's selfish to do it just for yourself. There's something for others watching."

When he is recognized for the work that he does, Darius says he tries to bring the attention to a more personal level, even asking the person something about themselves. He acts because he enjoys it, but he also appreciate that others enjoy what he does, too.

One thing that Darius has worked hard on that is something I find myself struggling with is the living in the present. "I honestly don't focus on what's next," he told me at the end of our conversation. "As an actor you are taught to live in the moment and to be open and available. It's been hard for me to do in the past, but I  try to work on it. I try to take everyday to work on myself."

Stay connected with Darius' journey on Facebook at www.facebook.com/darius.bailey.927 and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/youactireact.

* Top photo provided by Dream Photography/ConnectingYouto PR. Bottom photo by Shadow Play Entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment