Sunday, April 20, 2014

TO YOU, FROM ME: Celebrating the Gift of the Woman

"And Adam said: 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh: She shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.'" Gen. 2:23 NKJV

Having been raised primarily by my mother and grandmother I learned early in life that women play a vital role in the world that we live in. Through those two women and others that I have had the privilege to know over the years, I have seen that we have to work together to achieve anything worthwhile. Sadly, this is a fact that is lost on some, causing a distorted view of the woman to emerge in entertainment and in the way they are talked about and considered.

Using the platform of Conversations Magazine I wanted to shine a light on women of all ages and backgrounds that are doing amazing things, thus 25 Women Changing the World was born. You'll find fascinating profiles of women I have had the pleasure of interviewing over the years as well as some who have impacted me from afar. My hope is that you will not just read their stories but look for amazing examples in your own life of women who are making a difference.

As the scripture above indicated, the woman was created as a gift to man and the world. That is the way she should always feel: appreciated, valued and loved. To do otherwise is to show a disrespect for who she is and why she was put on the earth.

Have a special lady you want to share with our readers? I would love to hear about her! Email me at cawebb4@juno.com.

Until next time, happy reading!




Cyrus Webb, Editor-In-Chief
Conversations Magazine


*     Conversations Magazine's Editor-In-Chief seen here with his grandmother Quattie Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment