Click the cover to order yours for $9.99

Click the cover to order yours for $9.99
Click the cover to order yours today for $9.99

Friday, August 7, 2026

[AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT] Author Rochelle Dawson

by Cyrus Webb

Author Rochelle Dawson is using her gift of storytelling to entertain and inspire readers of all ages, reminding them of what is possible. In the process she is spreading some joy along the way and showing aspiring authors what is possible

Currently she has three published books: Josiah the Great and the Cassie the Sassy Fairy series. 

Rochelle, how does it feel to have your stories out into the world?

To know that people are interested in my work is a beautiful feeling.

Your books are written for young people but have great messages for all. When did you realize that storytelling was something you were interested in?

I have been writing stories for as long as I can remember. As a teen, I would use composition notebooks to write short stories.

I love the fact that you have messages that encourage not just self-love but being yourself as well. Why was that important to you?

We live in a world where people are literally worshiped for the life they present on social media. That has our children growing up to believe that they are nobody if their life doesn’t measure up to what they see there. My hope is that I can show the reader that they are already special with no approval needed.

Fear is something that keeps so many from pursuing their goals and dreams. What helped you not fall into that trap?

I believe it is natural to fear the unknown, but I also came to understand that fear is not real, it is lack of confidence. With the encouragement of my family and running out of excuses I published my first book.

These stories are personal to you, but how does it feel to hear from readers how much they enjoy them?

That feeling is like waking up on Christmas morning as a young child! Each time I receive a great review or positive feedback my feet leave the ground.


What advice would you give other inspiring writers about the importance of pursuing their own goals and dreams?

I would say the first step is believing you can. See yourself as a writer with something to say that people will want to read. Be your own cheerleader and expect to win. Remember that fear is lack of confidence and a good way to build your confidence is by doing what you love.

Thanks again, Rochelle, for spending some time with us. How can readers connect with you?

Thank you for having me. Readers can find me on both Instagram and TikTok @rdawsonwrites.


All of Rochelle's books are available on Amazon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment