Friday, January 10, 2014

Actor Cameron Arnett: Transforming the Entertainment Industry From the Inside Out

by Cyrus Webb

With everything we do in life I think the key to finding true success and happiness is to know that no matter what happens in life God has our back. Those who are a part of the cast of the movie Stand Your Ground are able to share this message on screen, however, they are also able to impart the same message through their lives.

Take actor Cameron Arnett for instance. In the movie he plays Mitchell Kane, attorney for Jackie Carpenter's son Jason Veitch, but everyday he is showing that a difference can be made by any of God's children so we should look for what we can do and then get to doing it.

Prior to my interview with him I read a post he made on Facebook that really stuck with me. It simply said this:"Christian actors you are needed in the entertainment industry. Don't leave it. Transform it."

It was with that post in mind that I went into our conversation. "It's great to allow Christ to use my talents to not only enjoy what God gave me but be a blessing to others as well," he told me during our chat together.

For Cameron this journey in the entertainment industry has not been without its moments of pause and reflection. "When I was in California in the industry you did whatever they wanted you to do," he told me. And that was exactly what he did, until something happened. My relationship with God just took over," he explained. "God tapped me on the shoulder and told me it was time to get out of the system." Cameron said that this "shattered" his world, mainly because at that time his entire existence was about being a star out of California. He know, however, that if he was going to be obedient he was going to have to make a change. That change caused him to drop acting for about 15 years.

Then something happened. Three years ago Cameron told me that God says to him "You're ready." What had changed? "It's not my world anymore," he told me. "It's not what I live for. It's something that I can be of use in."

This leads me back to the quote I shared at the beginning of this article from Cameron. You can be an individual of faith and thrive in any area. What changes is what you're thriving towards. "God has called me to the arts and entertainment," he told me. "I believe that He makes a way, and He is the way. He opens the doors. There's no reason for me to give up who He is when He is the one making it happen anyway."

When it comes to his role in Stand Your Ground, Cameron goes back to the truth for all of us. "I think people need to realize it is a cry for justice. I pray that people understand that everyone that is affected needs to have justice cried out for. We have to band together as godly people and be an answer to the questions others have about life and what they are experiencing."

His message for us as we are dealing with our own challenges and circumstances? "We have to understand that Jesus Christ is a Redeemer. Everything that you touch you have to understand that you are called to transform whatever you are involved in." May we all get to a place where we can receive that message and act on it every day of our lives.

Stay abreast of everything going on with Cameron Arnett at www.cameronarnett.com. You can also find him on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cameronarnettactor.

*     Top photo courtesy of www.facebook.com/cameronarnettactor. Bottom photo is from www.standyourgroundmovie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment