Monday, August 13, 2012

MODEL CITIZEN: Teresa Kain


Model Citizen: Teresa Kain

Hometown: Eyota, MN

Teresa's in her own words: If one takes risk...there is a chance one may fail....if one never takes risk, one ALWAYS FAILS.

I am motivated to stay fit due to the fact I am a Registered Nurse that struggled with weight and had gestational diabetes. Fourteen yrs ago I began Personal Training originally to educate myself regarding health and fitness, leading to my desire to switch from nursing to an 'alternative field of nursing' working in wellness. Being personal trainer has me working with clients daily regarding their fitness and health, which keeps me from losing sight of that for myself. Staying fit has been about being healthy with a great side affect of looking better (for my age!), keeping 'normal weight' and continuing to work as a model/talent here in Minneapolis.
I came upon modeling by accident and now consult with others that desire a model/acting career along with using my medical background to work as a personal trainer focusing on health and fitness daily. My advice to others is to surround themselves with supportive friends and to learn who and what you are about. Modeling is complex and keeping a healthy attitude and outlook is extremely important as it is easy to be distracted by outside influences, the more grounded you are as a person the more successful you will be at anything. We can do and be anything we choose, you first have to know who you are to know what you want to BE... you have to have a clear understanding of what you like, need and want in order to know what your dream is.

No comments:

Post a Comment