Sunday, April 14, 2013

Erin Morgart: Transforming Her Life From the Inside Out

by Cyrus Webb

With a new month comes the thoughts of maybe bringing forth a new you. This could mean ideas of changing the way you look, the way you see your life and your role in t o clearing out the clutter that is keeping you from being the best of yourself.

Whatever it may be, remember that there is a big difference in just talking about a solution for your problems and acting doing something.

Take for instance fitness trainer and model Erin Morgart. It is safe to say that she is the perfect representation of marrying your thoughts with your actions.

Morgart grew up not thinking a lot about her weight because she was small and fit. As life happened to her, however, things (and her body) began to change, and she realized that decisions had to be made.

She made what she refers to as a "conscious decision" to change her life, and today she is reaping the rewards. "For most people there will be a catalyst that if they don't do something right now they can go down the slippery slope or do what they know they should do to change," Morgart told me. "I was there."

After having two children and seeing the way her body was hanging was enough to trigger the inner competitor inside of her. "I said to myself that this weight just had to go," she says. "I was tired of being sick and tired and depressed. I had this moment in my mind where I said I'm sick of it." She says it was like "a switch that comes on that says 'that's it.'" From there she was on her way to the transformation that people see today.

Training was a large part of her experience, but it began inside. "The decision to change is 95% mental," she says. "If we want it we have to consciously make an effort. "I took it to an extreme level where I didn't want to go back to where I was. It was a healthy obsession that continues to pay off."

Among the changes was her diet and starting a food journal. As the results began to show themselves Morgart decided to use her experiences to help others. It was beneficial for her as well. "I know I can do better," she would tell herself. It was like competing against herself. "I do better when I'm with people. I feed off other people's energy. It was more or less a self challenge for me. So many people have a history of health issues," she says. "I would really like to be around for my children, and I know others would as well."

Now Erin Morgart is enjoying not only the fruit of her own hard work but helping others as well. "It feels fantastic to be making a difference," she says. "There is no greater joy than helping others reach their goals. I hold them accountable." She tells them that this is their time for them to become the person that you once were and can be. For her it affects more than just the way you look. "It does carry over into all other points of your life: spiritual, relationships..everything."

You can find Morgart all over the country as well as taking advantage of the opportunities available through reaching clients and others online. "It's a joy to be a positive inspiration," she told me. "I really try to keep it personal. I see it as a blessing to reach other people on such a grand scale."

Erin Morgart's story is proof of how you can begin making changes in your life today. It all begins with a decision. "I did it on my own but that's my personality," she says. "There is nothing wrong with working out with someone else or hiring a trainer. There comes a time when you will say I can't live like this anymore. For those people who are out there they know it is not going to happen overnight. You have to be patient. It's a matter of being consistent.  It's doable. Believe me, I'm not the only one capable of doing it. "

Stay in contact with Erin at www.erinjmorgart.com as well as on Twitter at www.twitter.com/erinjmorgart as well as Facebook at www.facebook.com/erinjmorgart.

No comments:

Post a Comment